The American Institute of Indian Studies (AIIS) invites applications for fully funded fellowship in India. The scholars, professionals, and artists from all disciplines may apply for the fellowship, for research or artistic projects in India in 2020-21.
For nearly 60 years, the American Institute of Indian Studies has provided funding to pre- and post-doctoral scholars and artists in pursuit of knowledge about India. Moreover, the fellowships are available each year to 35 students in the following categories:
- Junior Fellowships are for graduate students conducting research for their doctoral dissertations in India.
- Senior Long- and Short-term Fellowships are for those holding the PhD degree.
- Performing and Creative Arts Fellowships are available to accomplished practitioners of the arts to conduct their projects in India.
Who are eligible for Fully Funded American Institute of Indian Studies Fellowship?
Fully Funded American Institute of Indian Studies fellowships is available to both US and Non-US citizens. Moreover, students may apply for the AIIS fellowships as long as they are either in a graduate program or full-time faculty at a college or university in the U.S. However, this provision does not require U.S. citizens who apply for senior or performing/creative arts fellowships.
How to apply for the Fully Funded American Institute of Indian Studies Fellowship?
Application for the fully funded AIIS fellowship requires candidates taking the following steps:
- Download the Application document. Also, the checklist of documentation that an applicant must submit along with the application document.
- Applicants may also download the guidelines on how to apply for the fellowship.
- After reading the instructions carefully, applicants may register for the AIIS fellowship program via the online portal. Moreover, the applicants must submit all the documents in the checklist in a single PDF.
- Applicants must also nominate three referees, to provide the recommendation.
- Also, the applicants should provide evidence of payment of application fee ($25) payable via Cheque to the American Institute of Indian Studies.
What documentation should you provide?
Here is a checklist of documentation that the applicant must provide while applying for the fully funded American Institute of Indian Studies Fellowship.
- Application Checklist
- Application Form
- Project Statement (no more than 6 pages)
- Bibliography (1-3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages)
- Copy of the first page of your passport and any Indian visa stamps in the current passport
- Institutional Affiliation Form
- Two-page (maximum) project information sheet
- Reviewer Worksheet
- Transcripts (for junior fellowship applicants only)
- Web link to work sample (for performing and creative arts applicants—to be included in the application form)
- 3 letters of recommendation from the applicant’s referees
- Application Fee
Fellowship candidates may submit their application for the AIIS fellowship program by no later than 1 July 2019.