Apply for Assistant Professor at Bemidji State University in the USA. The category for this job is Physical Education and Kinesiology.
- Teaching other major program and liberal education courses as needed by the department.
- Also, commitment to quality teaching is required of all candidates. The faculty member should anticipate involvement with interdisciplinary teaching.
- Likewise, contributing to a program of scholarship within the discipline, academic advising of undergraduate students, service to the department, university and community, and other associated faculty duties.
- Moreover, contributing to interdisciplinary teaching and distance learning delivery and involvement in activities that support BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values.
- Similarly, knowledge of or willingness to learn and utilize, D2L Brightspace, Task Stream, and deliver on-campus and distance online courses guided by Quality Matters.
- Also, participating in Departmental and University assessment.
- Additionally, knowledge of and interest in working with underserved, underrepresented and marginalized populations.
- Moreover, assisting with programmatic accreditation and working knowledge of PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing Standards Board).
- Advising and supporting students’ academic progress.
- Furthermore, fulfilling all duties and responsibilities expected of faculty.
- Ph.D or Ed.D. in Kinesiology or related field with preparation in physical education teacher education from an accredited institution at the start of employment (by August 17, 2021).
- Also, undergraduate degree in health, physical education, kinesiology, exercise science, or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in Physical Education K-12 and Adapted Physical Education (DAPE).
- Moreover, hold, or be eligible for, a K-12 MN teaching license in Physical Education and DAPE.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching, as evidenced by teaching evaluations.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with facilitating assessment and evaluation of PreK-12 students in DAPE.
- Similarly, skills/ability to design and deliver online and face-to face courses with Desire To Learn (D2L) or similar software.
- Moreover, demonstrated experience working with and/or interest working with students and colleagues from multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds and using culturally responsive pedagogy and practice.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities