Empowering Health Security: A Technological Odyssey with the CPHIA (AfCDC) Technical Officer
The Technical Officer – CPHIA will work primarily to support the activities of the International Conference on Public Health in Africa (CPHIA) which is the annual scientific conference of the Africa CDC. This annual scientific conference provides a unique African-led platform for leaders across the continent to reflect on lessons learned in health and science and align on a way forward for creating more resilient health systems in Africa. Each year, CPHIA will be co-hosted by a selected African Union Member State.
Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Main Functions for Technical Officer CPHIA
- Support the activities of the CPHIA Secretariat including the various conference workstreams
- Assist with the production and publication of the conference report and abstract book each year
- Support the organisation of any other relevant scientific meetings, congresses and conferences for the Directorate of Science and Innovation.
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Directorate of Science and Innovation
- Assist in the following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
Also Check: Taiwan International Internship Program 2024 (Fully Funded)
- Support the activities of the CPHIA Secretariat as guided by the Senior Science Officer – CPHIA
- Manage assigned aspects of the conference planning, meeting strict deadlines and ensuring compliance with allocated budget
- Schedule, plan and prepare for CPHIA Secretariat and Scientific Programme Committee Meetings throughout the year
- Support the work of various conference workstreams including – scientific programme, abstracts, side events, exhibitions, communications and media
- Support the publication of accepted conference abstracts as full manuscripts in the Journal of Public Health in Africa (or other scientific journals)
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree or Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Epidemiology, Health Science, Health-services Research or related health discipline with at least two (2) and five (5) years relevant work experience for Masters and Bachelor degree holders respectively.
- Experience in research and development of a wide range of communication materials for the health and development sectors.
- Experience with managing large convenings will be an added advantage.
You should check out: Program Assistant at World Bank
Required Skills of Technical Officer CPHIA
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Strong knowledge of the subject matter, industry trends, and best practices.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Creativity and innovation, with the ability to generate new ideas and approaches.
Languages: Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) is mandatory and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Remuneration: The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 85,212.07 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 66,751.81 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than February 19, 2024 11h59 p.m.