Program Assistant at World Bank in Morocco
Under the supervision of the Country Manager and the country officer, the World Bank Program Assistant will provide a full range of administrative support to the IFC Morocco office.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Program Assistant will be primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide administrative and basic operational support to IFC staff and STC based in Rabat- with a focus on the country management unit and one other business area.
- Help conduct research in areas relevant to IFC projects
- Support the organization of events.
- Help review and edit briefs as needed
- Be accountable for the integrity of all projects documents and ensuring that the files of all projects are filed, organized and maintained in the right database
- Follow-up with clients on project related issues, appointments, getting hold of documents
- Organize internal and external meetings and taking the meeting minutes if needed
- Provide support for IFC missions coming to Morocco including scheduling of meetings, organization of transportation, etc.
- Process payments and expenses related to projects, consultants and events
- Contribute to the preparation of the team outputs including presentations, reports, etc.
- Coordinate and monitor work and activities to ensure IFC policies and management decisions and directives are properly carried out
- Maintain liaison with local contractors and supplies concerning the provision of negotiated services
- Coordinate with other ACS for cross regional support
- Any other tasks as directed by country manager and country officer
Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Selection Criteria for The World Bank Program Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated experience in administrative / operational support functions, including task management and major event planning and ability to apply relevant procedures, processes and systems
- Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in performing assigned varied tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high level multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to be part of an effective team environment with a high degree of motivation, flexibility, and reliability
- Innovative and open-minded, open to new approaches and ideas
- Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources (Internet, etc.) and pulling them together in a usable format
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures
- Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve office support work and effectiveness of the unit / team
- Strong inter-personal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to prepare presentation materials using various software packages with minimum guidance
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong French and excellent English (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit and translate materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Willingness to perform ad hoc tasks and to travel occasionally.
Also check: Taiwan International Internship Program 2024 (Fully Funded)
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.