Apply for the Facilities Management Position at Florida Institute of Technology. The category of the position is Facilities Management.
Title: Director, Facilities Management
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Oversees implementation of functional strategy through subordinate staff and ensures adherence to quality standards, deadlines,
and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems. Takes responsibility for operational effectiveness of assigned function.
- Likewise, develops functional policies, procedures, and service standards to facilitate the University’s overall strategy and objectives.
- Furthermore, provides employees with guidance and training in handling their respective duties. Corrects course of action if necessary and
provides job performance feedback.
- Moreover, monitors and reviews records and reports pertaining to activities relevant to assigned work and verifies information to inform
- Furthermore, directs and coordinates the function’s financial budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to meet the needs of the particular department’s function, program, or agenda.
- Makes recommendations on department strategy to next level of management based on functional observations.
- Likewise, determine the appropriate balance between immediate response repair needs and longer term projects for maintenance or
alterations. “Make or buy” decisions for staffing adjustments through available trades pool or use of outside contractors.
- Also, monitor workload, Service and Work Order backlog, and scheduling issues with the subordinate managers to assure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience
- Also, 8 years of experience in Facilities Management
- Additionally, APPA’s EFP (Educational Facilities Professional), CEFP (Certified Educational Facilities Professional) credential or other related professional certification / license is preferred
- Similarly, state of Florida driver’s license and maintain a good driving record as determined by Florida Tech’s insurance company.
- Furthermore, Florida State General Contractor License Preferred
The Florida Institute of Technology is a private research university in Melbourne, Florida. Additionally, the university comprises four academic colleges: Engineering & Science, Aeronautics, Psychology & Liberal Arts, and Business. Also, approximately half of FIT’s students are enrolled in the College of Engineering. Furthermore, the university’s 130-acre primary residential campus is near the Orlando Melbourne International Airport and the Florida Tech Research Park.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.