Apply for Vacancy for Academic Advisor at California College of the Arts in the USA. The category for this job is Academic Advising.
Academic advisors work within a team of professional staff and advising faculty, under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director of Academic Advising, to foster student success and strengthen retention. Also, academic advisors are part of CCA’s undergraduate advising program, within the division of Student Affairs, and work in collaboration with colleagues across multiple divisions to promote the academic, personal, and professional development of students. Likewise, CCA employs a holistic approach to advising that integrates developmental, strength-based/appreciative, and intrusive academic advising strategies. Using aspects of a case management, academic advisors conduct regular outreach to advisees, make intentional referrals, facilitate exploration of options and services, and evaluate effectiveness of their work.
- Guide students in transitioning to college, developing essential skills, and navigating CCA’s academic programs, policies, and degree requirements.
- Also, educate students on academic planning and monitoring progress towards degree completion.
- Additionally, advise undergraduate students on making informed decisions to maximize their experience through integration of academic, professional, and personal interest.
- Promote effective academic planning by conducting reviews and intentional outreach at strategic points throughout the year
- Also, engage in proactive advising strategies to facilitate success of students on academic probation and students returning from leave.
- Participate in retention efforts for students at each level.
- Moreover, implement specialized strategies for specific populations of students, including underrepresented and/or underserved populations.
The qualification for Vacancy for Academic Advisor in the USA:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Also, education in or experience with art, design, architecture or related disciplines.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively, collaboratively, and creatively with others and exercise outstanding judgment.
- Moreover, must have the ability to manage projects, take initiative and be resourceful, work independently with minimal supervision, and meet required deadlines.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent experience with comprehensive advising notes system.
- Furthermore, proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Education.
- Experience using and supporting Datatel Colleague, Workday Student, or similar ERP software preferred.
- Also, ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.