Apply for Vacancy for Academic Advisor at McNeese State University in the USA. The category for this job is Academic Advising.
McNeese State University is a public university in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Founded in 1939 as Lake Charles Junior College, it was renamed McNeese Junior College after John McNeese, an early local educator. The present name was adopted in 1970. McNeese is part of the University of Louisiana System and is classified as a Master’s University.
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants for the position of Academic Advisor/Assistant Coordinator of Orientation/Instructor in the Office of Freshman Advising. This is a full-time, 12 –month, unclassified, position. The appointment begins immediately.
The Academic Advisor/Assistant Coordinator of Orientation/Instructor is responsible for functions related to advising, transcript evaluation, orientation, and graduation. The Academic Advisor/Assistant Coordinator of Orientation/Instructor will work closely with students, faculty, Athletics, Honors College, Registrar’s Office, Admissions and Recruiting, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Testing Services, and International Programs.
- Maintains an advising load of approximately 400 students based on selection of major and academic requirements.
- Also, responsible for preparing student advising forms based on admissions application, test scores and transcripts.
- Additionally, informs students of their responsibilities in light of institutional policies.
- Moreover, monitors student registration activities and recommends solutions to academic difficulties.
- Likewise, maintains accurate records of student interactions.
- Similarly, serves as the Assistant Coordinator of Orientation in all aspects of Orientation and is able to put on Orientation in the absence of the other Assistant Coordinators.
- Also, assists in the interviewing, selection, and training of Blue-Gold Peerleaders.
- Furthermore, participates in the development, implementation, review, presentation and revision of Orientations for the first-time freshmen and transfer students.
- Also, oversees the on-line orientation module and updates information/videos on the Web site.
The incumbent must meet following for Vacancy for Academic Advisor in the USA
- Master’s degree.
- Also, excellent communication skills via telephone, email, and all other written exchanges and in person; excellent computer skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently; problem solving skills, Likewise, ability to work and interact with diverse individuals and groups at all levels, Also, ability to thoroughly understand and abide by federal and university guidelines and student confidentiality requirements.
- Similarly, significant work experience in higher education; experience working with Ellucian Banner.
Contact for more information: [email protected]
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.