Apply for Vacancy for Academy Instructor at Global Citizen Year Inc. in the USA. The category for this application is Human Resources.
As an instructor, you will be part of the second semester of our innovative and exciting new program, Global Citizen Academy. Instructors will teach our Leadership as a Practice course and lead learning group sessions for a diverse global cohort of emerging adults (17-20 years old). Instructors will teach the course using Minerva’s Active Learning Forum, a web-based platform that supports real-time, synchronous seminars with high levels of student-faculty interaction and active learning. We are looking for individuals who have a growth mindset, are comfortable with technology, are passionate about developing young leaders, and have a student-focused approach to their facilitation.
- Average 15 hours per week.
- Also, there will be three weeks of online training focusing on Global Citizen Year, tech platform for the course, and the curriculum.
- Likewise, complete all necessary prep work to deliver the Global Citizen Academy curriculum.
- Also, each Leadership As a Practice (one 90 min 19 student section) on Mondays 08:00 UTC
- Moreover, lead three 60 min 6-8 student learning groups per weeks on Wednesdays and Thursdays 08:00 UTC, 09:00 UTC, and TBD
- Similarly, follow up: grading, feedback, and office hours for students.
- Likewise, weekly check-ins with fellow instructors and supervisor.
- Documented teaching experience.
- Also, experience facilitating classroom discussions and/or some familiarity with active engagement techniques.
- Likewise, experience with interdisciplinary curricula and comfort with teaching outside one’s primary expertise.
- Additionally, experience teaching critical thinking and problem solving, as well as guiding students to work on project-based assignments.
- Moreover, the skills and ability to quickly learn and become comfortable with new technology platforms.
To apply: Please submit the following on our website:
- Also, resume that outlines your relevant experience.
- Likewise, complete the application questionnaire.
- Moreover, references should include people who can attest to the quality of your teaching, your general quality of mind, and your openness to new pedagogical approaches.
- Indicate how you learned of the opening.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.