Apply for Vacancy for Access Services at Northeastern State University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Northeastern State University is an Oklahoma State agency. In accordance with such, any applicant hired for this position must provide a social security card to Human Resources during the hiring process.
This position provides the first line of public service for library patrons and ensures that libraries are open at appropriate times. Additionally, providing students and researchers with access to the physical libraries, the Access Services Assistant connects patrons with appropriate sources, services, spaces, interfaces, or staff members to meet their research needs.
- Answers telephone and greets patrons. Provides directional information and assistance.
- Also, provides basic assistance to patrons using library technology and equipment.
- Supervises and helps train student assistants in Access Services functions including checking materials in and out, updating patron records, and re-shelving library materials.
- Likewise, performs tasks such as checking materials in and out, updating patron records, receiving library fines and fees, and re-shelving library materials.
- Helps prepare the library for opening and closing.
- Furthermore, processes incoming and outgoing Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Assists university faculty with course reserve requests, including the resolution of copyright issues.
- Refers patrons with complex informational needs to appropriate Research and Instructional Services librarians.
- Similarly, contact campus police to deal with disruptive or problem patrons.
- Participates in collection shifting.
- Likewise, other duties as assigned.
- Approachability and knowledge of library sources and services.
- Likewise, excellent one-on-one teaching skills and knowledge of the latest library interfaces.
- Knowledge of circulation processes and basic knowledge of the library’s classification systems. Requires supervisory skills.
- Moreover, knowledge of circulation processes and basic knowledge of the library’s classification systems.
- Diplomatic assertiveness in dealing with patrons who may be eager to enter or reluctant to leave. Requires observation skills to ensure everything is prepared and secure.
- Additionally, knowledge of technical Interlibrary Loan interfaces and occasional diplomacy skills in maintaining relationships with partner institutions.
- Current knowledge of best copyright practices (which are continually changing) and tactful communication skills.
- Similarly, strong interviewing skills and a basic understanding of disciplinary distinctions in higher education.
- Good observations skills and decisiveness.
- Furthermore, basic understanding of the library’s classification systems.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.