Apply for Vacancy for Advisor at Kent State University in the USA. The deadline for this application is 15th June 2021.
Kent State University is a public research university in Kent, Ohio. The university also includes seven regional campuses in Northeast Ohio and additional facilities in the region and internationally.
- Advise current and prospective students regarding interpretation of placement assessment, curricular requirements related to academic objectives, career options and registration procedures.
- Also, work with students to request a variety of academic actions.
- Assist in the implementation of intervention, referral, and retention programs for students.
- Additionally, assist with probation, dismissal, and reinstatement procedures; provide feedback on specific cases.
- Review student academic progress and advise students on specific actions regarding academic and career goals.
- However, review/discuss evaluated transcripts for applicability of transfer credit to Kent State.
- Assist with workshops on academic skills, study skills, and expectations for students.
- Assist students in resolution of difficulties regarding their degree progress.
- Moreover, may assist and/or coordinate lessons for student orientation course.
- May represent unit at programs and functions.
- Stay current on applicable laws, policies and procedures (e.g. FERPA).
- Maintain and update student files, records and data in accordance with federal, state and university regulations.
- Likewise, may serve on various college/school/campus committees and share information with unit.
- Assist in academic advising and recruiting programs and activities (e.g. student events, outreach programs and activities, etc.).
- Additionally, attend and successfully complete university-provided training and professional development
- May conduct athletic eligibility audits to ensure NCAA regulatory compliance (Kent Campus only).
- Furthermore, perform related duties.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills / public relations skills – including group presentation skills.
- Also, communication/conflict management.
- Organizing information and projects; ability to assist in delivery of projects/programs.
- Well-developed problem solving skills with basic ability to identify and mitigate complex problem(s) and use the full array of organizational resources appropriately.
- Additionally, adhering to deadlines
- Working effectively both independently and in collaborative groups
- Learn/apply basic student recruitment / outreach / retention functions *
- Work with diverse populations of students to identify basic student needs for referrals using appropriate academic and career resources *
- Also, work collaboratively with university departments and academic units; ability to build basic awareness of resources and initiate relationship building process *
- Moreover, organize and prioritize work with a high degree of initiative and independence.
- Additionally, analyze and perform basic research on a variety of academic program issues.
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Likewise, possess considerable attention to detail, a high level of quality control, and maintain a high customer-focus with contacts,
- Assimilate and maintain confidential data.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.