Apply for Vacancy for Aid Counselor at University Support Services in the USA. The category for this application is Financial Aid.
The Financial Aid Counselor reports to the administrative team which consists of the Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Directors of Financial Aid. This position incorporates the full range of financial aid responsibilities; including assisting graduate level students in the application process, resolving Canadian aid eligibility issues, processing Canadian aid and providing information on loan repayment in addition to overseeing private loan certifications for US students. Also, the Counselor works on an individual basis with students to provide information in an accurate, timely, professional, and courteous manner. The Financial Aid Counselor possesses a compassionate and respectful understanding of financially related issues and is sensitive to the level of stress students may experience from these issues.
- Counsel and advise Canadian students on federal/provincial aid processes, eligibility, applications and renewals
- Also, process Canadian aid applications and ensure accuracy in processing
- Likewise, present Canadian financial aid information at Admission events and webinars
- Counsel students on budgeting issues and financial obligations to the University
- Counsel eligible student populations on Institutional Loan applications, processes, and renewals
- Moreover, process Institutional Student Loans (ISL’s), coordinate eligibility with respective colleagues and originate new loans and term by term renewals
- Certify Private loan eligibility for Foundation to Medicine, Foundation to Vet Medicine and Preclinical programs
- Additionally, responsible for International Student Financial Aid Appeals (Counseling, application and supporting documents, presenting appeal to committee)
- Likewise, responsible for counseling and processing McCord Scholarships
- Provide administrative support along with other tasks as assigned.
- Attends training seminars and maintains knowledge of the financial aid regulations and rules.
- Similarly, supports all day to day operations of the Financial Aid Office
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, counseling, and written & verbal communication skills
- Moreover, manage large volume of materials efficiently and apply complex guidelines accurately.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to small and large groups.
- Also, ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Problem identification and critical thinking skills.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.