Apply for Vacancy for Animal Care Technician at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research and Health and Medical Services.
Weill Cornell Medicine, officially the Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University, is the biomedical research unit and medical school of Cornell University, a private Ivy League university. The medical college is located at 1300 York Avenue, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, along with the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences. The college is named for its benefactor, former Citigroup chairman Sanford Weill.
Under direct supervision, provides direct care and maintenance for various species of laboratory animals, including feeding, general husbandry and cleaning of caging and related equipment.
- Dirty Side Cage Wash: Dissembles, washes and sterilizes caging and related equipment utilizing automated cage washing equipment and sterilizers.
- Also, clean Side Cage Wash: Re-assembles and prepares clean caging, equipment, animal feed and bedding.
- Likewise, responsible for general animal husbandry, including changing holding areas, feed and water utilizing specialized techniques and equipment.
- Additionally, ensures that the animal care and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Moreover, recognizes and reports conditions of animal health and welfare that are at variance from normal for the species. Escalates any issues to supervisor.
- Likewise, ensures and monitors the proper maintenance of laboratory facilities, including animal holding areas, cage wash areas and associate corridors. Additionally, assesses conditions of caging equipment and makes recommendations for equipment replacement and/or repair.
- Also, responsible for documenting information related to job duties and weekly animal census.
- High school diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Also, participates in on-the-job training required to develop new skills, learn new techniques, and implement new policies.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.