Apply for Vacancy for Applications Programmer at University of Delaware in the USA. The category for this job is Information Technology.
IT-Enterprise Systems and Cloud Services (ESCS) supports the enterprise systems of the University which include the Human Resources, Student Information, and Financials systems in addition to central database, reporting, and fundraising systems. Also, MIS is responsible for the development of new and improved campus business practices and the support of core business systems that are critical to the University’s strategic plan and the institutional mission.
- Assists colleagues in work to plan, upgrade and deploy new PeopleTools versions and PeopleSoft application versions using PeopleSoft upgrade assistant, fit-gap analysis, data conversion, system and database audits, performance & integration testing.
- Also, tests programs to ensure they work properly and to determine that programs meet client needs. Corrects any problems encountered during testing.
- Provides production support for the PS Financials systems. Analyzes and resolves production incidents. Works with users and production control staff regarding schedule and problem resolution.
- Furthermore, provides on call support for PeopleSoft systems. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to MIS policies and with users to determine their needs. Assists users as needed.
- Consults with users to determine needs, clarify issues, define problems, develop specifications, and recommend solutions. Keeps clients updated on project status. Attends project meetings to discuss project problems and issues. Develops (SQR) reports and (PS) queries for users.
- Likewise, trains users and assist with help-line support.
- Additionally, assists team with diagnosis and resolution of data processing problems and user data entry errors and coordinates the work with other programmers, users
- Ability to specify, write and develop computer programs using a range of programming languages.
- Also, ability to plan, design, develop, implement, test, and modify applications and external application interfaces to meet specified needs.
- Proficiency with database design.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct application problems.
- Additionally, analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Likewise, ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a working knowledge of business systems principles.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Moreover, must be able to demonstrate proficiency in SQL, as well as critical/analytical approach to problem solving.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.