Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Dean at Upper Iowa University in the USA. The category for this job is Executive – Deans.
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, the Assistant Dean will lead a number of important cross-functional roles as a leader within the University: instructional quality, institutional effectiveness, Fayette campus scheduling, and faculty development. Working collaboratively with the deans, faculty, and staff, the Assistant Dean will take on and lead a number of important, internal-facing functions.
- The Assistant Dean will serve as the leader for the instructional design department and the LMS administrator, supervising and leading the implementation of best practice and sound pedagogy in course design. Furthermore, the Assistant Dean will develop promotion and outreach of instructional design services and related efforts across the university (including off campus).
- Also, collaborate with staff to provide instructional design training and consultation to faculty to serve students in the most effective manners;
- Likewise, lead consultation and training on educational technologies and course/session design to the UIU community to promote distance education;
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends, best practices, and methods as they relate to learning theory, digital learning production, LMS development, and digital design.
- Similarly, the Assistant Dean will provide analytical support for the University, departments, programs and activities
- Provide leadership as well as reliable, complete and understandable data and information to inform decision-making;
- Promote a university-wide culture of research in furtherance of the institutional mission;
- Similarly, support the academic planning process (Annual Key Performance Indicator Reporting) for developing, revising, consolidating or discontinuing academic programs;
- Moreover, manage the course scheduling process for the Fayette campus in collaboration with online and center leadership.
- Master’s degree in a field that will directly benefit the position. (Educational technology, instructional design, Statistics, Data Analytics, etc.);
- Also, knowledge of instructional design principles and pedagogical modalities;
- Experience with learning management systems including or similar to Brightspace (D2L);
- Experience developing project plans, managing multiple projects, and meeting project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in web conferencing tools, presentation software, and relevant emerging technologies;
- Additionally, ability to work effectively as part of a team which includes faculty, curriculum staff, and IT staff.
- Ability to foster collaborations both internally and externally;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and instructional skills.
- Also, ability to interact with faculty and staff and develop innovative ways to identify and meet their evolving needs.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools and skills and a strong desire to share this knowledge with others.
- Additionally, knowledge of: research design and methods, including use and interpretation of statistical data, appropriate to the university environment; broad knowledge of all components and functions associated with higher education delivery.
- Terminal degree in an area of relevance;
- Candidate with knowledge of assessment, curricular design, data analytics and web-based education;
- Moreover, management and supervisory experience;
- Experience articulating emerging learning technologies and collaboration tools to a wide community that includes faculty and professional staff;
- Teaching or administrative experience.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.