Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Professor at Ajman University in the UAE. The category for this application is Liberal Arts – Linguistics.
The College of Humanities and Sciences, Department of Foreign Languages, has an opening for the position of Assistant Professor in Linguistics, starting fall Semester 2021-2022.
- Graduate with a Ph.D. from a reputable university with a good international standing
- Also, outstanding teaching record of at least two years at the undergraduate or graduate levels
- Outstanding research and publications record in top Scopus- indexed journals
- Additionally, adequate experience in supervising student projects and thesis papers
- Likewise, record of collaborative and interdisciplinary research would be an advantage
- Moreover, excellent record in community service and scholarly activities
- Develop and deliver courses to students in specified discipline areas of study
- Also, evaluate and monitor individual student progress and provide feedback to sustain student success
- Research, organize and manage instructional resources, courses outlines, and community networks
- Additionally, conduct high-quality research in his/her own field and publish research outcomes in reputable journals and conferences
- Provide consultative expertise as a subject matter expert to the local industry through pre-approved partnership projects by the University
- Likewise, ensure a respectful and culturally sensitive learning environment in all college- focused activities
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships across the organization and community
- Moreover, motivate and inspire confidence in others (students and colleagues) to overcome limitations to personal growth and success
- Actively seek out methods, procedures and resources to best achieve course and lesson objectives
- Similarly, support and participate in accreditation initiatives
- Maintain relationships with students that are conducive to learning
- Furthermore, perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with the “Credit Hour” academic system.
- Also, ability to supervise student work.
- Ability to provide academic advising for students.
- Likewise, knowledge of academic program planning and implementation.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.