Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Professor at Bemidji State University in the USA. The category for this job is Liberal Arts – Sociology.
Bemidji State University (BSU) invites qualified applicants to join our team as an Assistant Professor of Sociology. Also, BSU’s vision is to educate people to lead inspired lives. To accomplish BSU’s vision, the University prioritizes creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU also prioritizes increasing engagement with Indigenous communities to become a destination university.
- The incumbent should teach four courses (12 credits) primarily within sociology each semester, but also periodically within gender and women’s studies.
- The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited to Society and Social Issues.
- Likewise, demonstrated experience with teaching courses online.
- Also, contributing to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the University and community, and other associated faculty duties.
- Similarly, contributing to interdisciplinary teaching and involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University’s signature themes.
- Additionally, the successful applicant should contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the sociology program.
The incumbent must meet following qualification for Vacancy for Assistant Professor in the USA
- Earned Doctorate in Sociology from a regionally accredited institution at the start of employment.
- Also, demonstrated commitment to quality teaching, as evidenced by teaching evaluations or teaching effectiveness.
- Likewise, demonstrated evidence of continued or promising scholarly research agenda within the sociology discipline.
- Similarly, experience working with and/or interest in working with students and colleagues from multicultural and diverse backgrounds.
- Also, ability to teach social statistics both on campus and online.
Substantive graduate area expertise in theory, critical theory, intersectionality, and statistics and one additional area that aligns with programmatic direction.
- Experience with designing and delivering online courses.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.