Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Professor at Virginia Tech in the USA. The category for this job is Vocational and Technical.
The Building Construction Department within the Myers-Lawson School of Construction is seeking applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank to begin Fall 2021 in Blacksburg, VA. Also, this position is a nine-month, full-time appointment dedicated primarily to the teaching, research and service missions of the School.
- Ph.D. in construction or a closely related field of study, by appointment start date.
- Also, publications in the applicant’s research field.
- Likewise, expertise in one or more areas that complements our curriculum and current research teams, including but not limited to: Human-centered health and safety
- Additionally, resilience; smart materials; workforce development and labor management; data science and analytics; qualitative and quantitative methods; city/community development. Also, building energy and sustainability; design, construct and manufacture integration and lifecycle management.
The incumbent must meet the qualification for Vacancy for Assistant Professor in the USA:
- Demonstrated record of effective teaching in higher education (e.g., through evidence of student and/or faculty evaluations of teaching).
- Also, demonstrated experience in academic program service.
- Likewise, 2 years of professional experience in construction or a related discipline.
- Certification and/or licensure related to the applicant’s professional field (e.g., PMP, CCM, PE, RA) is encouraged.
Applicants must apply online at jobs.vt.edu. Complete applications will include the following:
- A cover page summarizing your teaching and research experience, area of expertise, and future research plan;
- Moreover, curriculum vitae,
- Two-page research statement describing your research experience, interests, and future plans;
- Likewise, two-page teaching and service statement describing your approach to develop and teach courses (in-person and remote), serve the profession, University, and broader community;
- Similarly, one page statement of diversity philosophy describing your experiences and/or commitments to facilitate diversity and inclusion;
- Two samples of research publications (published or under review);
- Also, a list of three references.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.