Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Professor at Washington State University in the USA. The category for this application is Liberal Arts – Sociology.
Washington State University is a public research university in Pullman, Washington. Founded in 1890, WSU is one of the oldest land-grant universities in the American West. With an undergraduate enrollment of 24,470 and a total enrollment of 29,686, it is the second largest institution for higher education in Washington state behind the University of Washington.
Responsibilities of the position include the following for Vacancy for Assistant Professor in the USA:
- Develop new SDC course(s) in social justice in the built environment;
- Also, craft curriculum in the School focused on social justice;
- Likewise, teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the School of Design + Construction and be willing to teach online when required;
- Additionally, collaborate with faculty in departments and units across the WSU system to teach about and research social and environmental justice topics;
- Furthermore, develop a clear research agenda that demonstrates or leads to translational and/or transformational change in the built environment related to social justice;
- Moreover, publish research material in national and/or international peer-reviewed venues and actively pursue grants;
- Also, conduct community engaged teaching, scholarship and outreach in social justice in the built environment;
- Participate in School committees and student mentoring;
- Additionally, provide continuing education and short courses to industry and students.
- Applicants must have a PhD or masters terminal degree in their discipline.
- Also, applicants must develop or have the potential to develop a nationally recognized research and outreach program.
- Likewise, collaborate across disciplines to develop and establish initiatives around social justice in the built environment.
- Moreover, must be willing to mentor students from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds, and to engage with varied community stakeholders.
- Likewise, applicants must have experience with instruction, mentoring, or tutoring in academic or community settings.
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Similarly, contact information for at least three (3) professional references
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.