Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Program at BerkleeNYC in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
BerkleeNYC seeks an experienced educator, producer, songwriter and music technologist of professional stature to work with its Songwriting and Production Specialization, as part of the MA in Creative Media and Technology on the BerkleeNYC campus, directly assisting the Program Director.
The Master of Arts in Creative Media and Technology, Songwriting and Production Specialization explores an integrated approach to the creation of popular music through the thorough examination of current practices in collaborative, technology-aided songwriting. Similarly, students will refine and bolster their artistic expression through analyzing current hit songs and writing music and lyrics, as well as furthering their technical skills through the examination of current production and writing styles and trends, utilizing the latest industry-standard software and hardware. Likewise, immersion into entrepreneurship, storytelling, and design thinking will round out a comprehensive toolkit for aspiring creatives in the songwriting and production space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with vision, leadership and execution of the Songwriting and Production specialization, serving 40+ full-time masters students.
- Moreover, manage part-time faculty, graduate assistants.
- Also, assist the Program Director and members of the BerkleeNYC Campus staff to effectively execute recruitment, scheduling, concerts, departmental trips, and other efforts for the Songwriting and Production program
- Teach a variety of courses as appropriate.
- Furthermore, coordinate with the Program Director in evaluating and managing the annual Songwriting and Production departmental budget.
- Provide support as Co-Artistic Director of some of the campus concert series as needed.
- Represent the Program Director in college committees, as appropriate.
- Similarly, continue to develop and maintain a high profile as an artist & music technologist.
- Participate in industry events for networking and recruiting purposes and to increase campus visibility.
Experience and Competencies:
- Master’s degree with appropriate experience preferred; equivalent professional experience in music production or music technology considered.
- Also, extensive working knowledge of music technology in collaborative writing & production spaces.
- Demonstrable professional achievement as an active and innovative music producer/technologist.
- Furthermore, expertise with a wide range of technology & creative tools including software and hardware, recording studios, electronic instruments and collaborative production equipment.
- Demonstrable familiarity with contemporary music and current musical trends.
- Similarly, demonstrable record as an educator, teaching and executing curriculum, preferably in a university or college setting.
- Additionally, administrative experience, preferably in a university or college setting, which demonstrates collaborative management skills.
- The ability to aid in managing departmental budgets and schedules.
- Similarly, strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote a vision and focus a team to realize projects.
- Strong communication, listening, interpersonal, managerial and organizational skills.
- Furthermore, demonstrated commitment to diversity, fairness, and equal opportunity.
- Culturally sensitive to a wide variety of backgrounds and communication styles. Flexibility to adapt to changing surroundings and situations.
- Additionally, ability to work in both traditional and nontraditional settings.
- Ability to navigate within a complex academic setting and build and cultivate relationships.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.