Apply for Vacancy for Assistant Registrar at Virginia Military Institute in the USA. The category for this job is Registrars.
Virginia Military Institute is a state-supported four-year undergraduate military college of liberal arts, engineering, and the sciences. There are approximately 1,700 students. It is located in the southern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia in the town of Lexington. Lexington, population 7,000, is also home to Washington and Lee University and offers a stimulating cultural atmosphere in a pleasant, rural setting.
- Coordinates VMI’s Academic Catalogue updates and revisions for the yearly publication of VMI’s on-line Undergraduate Catalogue. Coordinates and maintains set up, formatting and entry into the Digital Architecture A catalog software for publication.
- Also, provides support to the National Student Clearinghouse degree verification and transcript ordering processes, Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) support, and Go Army support coordinated through the unit.
- Likewise, works with the Office Manager in the creation, support and execution of the VMI master course schedule, as well as the registration/enrollment processes.
- Moreover, provides support to the Registrar and Associate Registrar(s) in relation to matriculation, graduation, academic reviews, Dean’s List. Also, Distinguished in Academic Merit, academic probation and academic suspension coordination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Registrar in support of data projects, mandated requirements, cadet placement testing and data cleanup.
- Similarly, serves as a permanent member of the Registrar’s Office staff supporting daily operations of the unit. Serves on Committees as requested by the Registrar, or in support of the NCAA Compliance process.
- Moreover, provides front-line support to the counter, phone, mail and support of the office structure including registration, enrollment, course changes, graduation, summer session, course changes, transcripts, verifications and investigator visits.
- Enters and corrects academic eligibility data as needed in the CAi compliance software – Term Attempted Credit, Earned Credit, Advance Standing Credit, GPA, Program, Hours and Progress Towards Degree.
- Also, coordinate, image and maintain copies of the incoming rat transcripts for shared access to the Athletics Compliance and Cadet Athlete Development Office(s).
- Likewise, works directly and independently with the Registrar, VMI’s Faculty Athletic Representative and Associate Athletics Director for Academic Services on issues pertaining to cadet roster accuracy, eligibility, transfer credit verification and degree completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Also, a minimum of three to five years’ experience in a Registrar’s Office support background and NCAA Athletic Compliance.
- Likewise, requires a vast knowledge of office operations, NCAA compliance regulations and state/federal/institutional policies.
- In-depth knowledge of computer technology such as a relational database, Microsoft Word and Excel applications. Preference will be given to applicants with NCAA Compliance Assistant (CAi) database, Ellucian Colleague, Entrinsik and query language background.
- Additionally, ability to think globally at institute and future directives, to work and think independently, and to trouble shoot problems and recommend changes and enhancements to applications, policies and procedures.
- Furthermore, excellent customer service skills and tact in dealing with all constituencies.
- Knowledge of FERPA requirements.
- Also, ability to adapt to an environment of change and technology advancements.
- Likewise, ability to work non-standard hours in support of peak periods and special programs (this may include peak periods such as fall opening, spring closing and the winter break).
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
VMI offers a very competitive benefits package.
In addition to the online application please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Selected candidate is required to complete a criminal background check.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.