Apply for Vacancy for Associate Director at University of California in the USA. The category for this application is Architecture.
The University of California, Davis, seeks an accomplished designer with experience in energy-efficient lighting, daylighting or a related area of product, systems or environmental design to join the leadership of the UC Davis California Lighting Technology Center (CLTC), teach lighting design classes, and pursue related research. The Associate Director will be appointed as an Assistant or tenured Associate Professor within the Department of Design, College of Letters and Science.
- Engage in research, teaching and other scholarly activities that advance the field of quality, sustainable lighting design.
- Also, engage in teaching within the Department of Design, which considers lighting within its broader contexts.
- Likewise, participate in the merit and promotion process within the Department of Design.
- Moreover, participate in the community life and service of the Department of Design.
- Resume a normal departmental teaching load, should they cease being the CLTC faculty Director.
- Similarly, support the development of a dynamic graduate and undergraduate curriculum to educate a new generation of lighting design professionals and leaders, and promote the education of existing professionals.
- Also, support the Department’s commitments to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent terminal degree (Masters) in a relevant field such as Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Environmental Design or Lighting Design.
- Also, candidates will have significant record of professional practice and/or academic accomplishment in one or more of the following fields: lighting/daylighting design, interior/architectural design, product/industrial design, sustainability/energy efficiency, systems design.
- Moreover, candidates will have experience in a teaching/training environment.
- Furthermore, candidates will have demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in a group research, professional design, or innovation environment.
- Also, the applicant will have exceptional interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds, interests, and positions both within and outside the University of California.
Required materials include: a cover letter; curriculum vitae including publication list and creative projects/professional practice; a statement of teaching and research interests, relevant to the discipline of Design; a statement describing vision for the CLTC and leadership experience, including fundraising; the names and addresses.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.