Apply for Vacancy for Associate Director at Wake Forest University in the USA. The category for this job is Sponsored Programs, Grants, and Contracts.
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching (CAT) at Wake Forest University (WFU) welcomes applications for a newly established Associate Director of Research. Also, reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director will support the mission and purpose of the CAT by developing and managing our educational research program; leading collaborative efforts to evaluate the effectiveness of CAT programming. Likewise, supporting educational research throughout the institution.
- Establishes a shared vision for a new educational research program within the CAT.
- Similarly, serves as Principal Investigator (PI) for collaborative projects, seeks out and secures external funding as needed, navigates IRB, and oversees the publication process.
- Develops, leads, and maintains organizational structures to support collaborative research (e.g., setting goals, establishing reading and writing groups, and maintaining shared libraries).
- Furthermore, facilitates conferences, institutes, and workshops to both relay the latest research and facilitate the translation of theory into practice.
- Improves CAT data management by establishing processes for data collection and collaborating with Information Systems to develop and extend database capabilities
- Additionally, analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate the effectiveness of CAT services and programming.
- Communicates findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders via oral, visual, and written reports.
- Likewise, provides regular supervision and work direction for graduate student workers.
- Ph.D. and record of publication in relevant academic discipline (e.g., education, STEM education, psychology, or other quantitative social science)
- 5+ years experience with educational research or program evaluation in higher education
- Also, experience teaching at the university level
- Expertise in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method research design and data analysis, particularly in contexts where data collection and experimental controls are difficult
- Furthermore, familiarity with institutional review board (IRB) policies and procedures
- Intermediate skills with statistical software used to analyze and report quantitative data (e.g., SAS, SPSS, STATA, or R)
- Additionally, demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Associate Director in the USA:
- Experience working on projects that support efforts to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Also, experience securing external funding through public or private grants
- Furthermore, familiarity with software used to analyze qualitative data (e.g., MaxQDA)
- Experience designing assessment plans and/or assessment instruments.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.