Apply for Vacancy for Associate Professor at Florida State University in the USA. The category for this job is Special Education.
The Visual Disabilities Program in the School of Teacher Education at Florida State University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor rank in Visual Disabilities Education. We seek a colleague to support the Visual Disabilities Program in its commitment to preparing high quality professionals to provide services to individuals with visual impairments as teachers of students with visual impairments and orientation and mobility specialists.
- Engaging in a well-defined scholarship agenda;
- Also, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Visual Disabilities; Advising students;
- Likewise, working with faculty and staff to market and maintain the program; Serving on student graduate committees; Supervising field experiences (i.e., practicum and internship);
- Moreover, providing service to schools, the University, Department, College, and the profession;
- Similarly, supporting and expanding existing partnerships/relationships with regional providers of services to individuals with visual impairments and national colleagues;
- Also, preparing grant proposals to potential funding agencies.
The incumbent must meet the following qualification for Vacancy for Associate Professor in the USA
- Earned doctorate in visual disabilities, special education, or a related field
- Also, certification as a teacher of students with visual impairments
- Additionally, at least 3 years of successful Pk-12 work as a teacher of students with visual impairments (TVI)
- Similarly, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of or potential for high-quality scholarship (e.g., recent publications in peer reviewed journals, recent presentations at national or international conferences, etc.)
- Moreover, commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations
- Experience mentoring pre-service and in-service teachers
- Also, expertise in orientation and mobility or working with children whose multiple disabilities include visual impairment
- Recent successful work on an externally funded grant
- Likewise, experience teaching methods courses in the area of visual disabilities.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.