Apply for Vacancy for Audit Manager at Colorado State University in the USA. The category for this job is Business and Financial Services.
The purpose of the Colorado State University (CSU) System Internal Audit (IA) department is to provide the CSU System Board of Governors, the Chancellor, and senior management with independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the CSU System’s operations. Likewise, the mission of IA is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. Also, IA helps the CSU System accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
Internal Auditing is conducting a search to fill two vacant Audit Manager positions – one at the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, Colorado, and one at the Colorado State University-Pueblo campus in Pueblo, Colorado. Candidates should indicate in their materials the position(s) for which they would like to be considered. Also, CSU System Internal Auditing employees are currently working remotely due to the pandemic; however, once the campuses return to fully in-person operations, it is expected the employees selected for these positions will work primarily on-site.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The degree must be related to Business, such as Business Administration; Accounting; Finance; Information Systems; Computer Technology, etc.
- Verifiable employment of at least 3 years of internal auditing experience in higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of constituents.
- Also, ability to research, interpret, and evaluate compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Likewise, excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience conducting inquiries or audit investigations of reports of suspected fraud, misuse of funds, or noncompliance with policies and procedures.
- Additionally, knowledge and acquired skills in computer applications generally used in the field of Auditing such as Excel, IDEA, AutoAudit, etc.
- One or more Professional Certifications closely related to the field of Auditing, such as Certified Public Accountant;
- Moreover, must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
- Additionally, the successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; Internal Auditing will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Plans and performs internal audit engagements, which may include assurance engagements, consulting activities, internal investigations, or other projects as assigned
- Applies the organization’s audit methodology and carries out the audit procedures to meet the specific audit engagement objectives
- Similarly, supervises the execution of audit engagements to ensure that objectives are met and work is performed in accordance with auditing standards.
- Likewise, develops, implements and monitors project plans to ensure delivery in accordance with agreed timelines
- Selects and applies the appropriate tools and techniques to data gathering, analysis and interpretation, and reporting
- Plans and conducts audit engagements to identify key risks and controls
- Additionally, obtains reliable, relevant and sufficient evidence and evaluates critically
- Elevates risks identified during the engagement to the audit director, as appropriate.
- Furthermore, presents findings and proposes recommendations that deal with root cause of issues and impact to the organization
- Provides assurance and advisory services to senior management and the board
- Similarly, ensures that the scope of work is appropriate for the audit assignment
- Follows up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented or that senior management has accepted the risk of not taking action.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.