Apply for Vacancy for Basketball Coach at Grand Canyon University in the USA. The category for this application is Athletics and Coaching.
Grand Canyon University is searching for an Assistant Coach for Women’s Basketball. Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach assists with the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport and exercises direct supervision of recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sport.
Assists head coach in all aspects of the designated sports program. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the Direction of the head coach, provide coaching in both a team and individual setting to improve sport specific skills.
- Also, participate in the creation of practice plans, assist in game preparation, advise on game strategy, and provide direct coaching and assistance during games.
- Likewise, run practice in the absence of the head coach.
- Research and identify the latest trends and techniques in coaching and playing.
- Assist the head coach with competition scheduling.
- Additionally, assist the head coach in the planning, marketing and operation of sports camps.
- Ensures all aspects of the designated sports program complies with University standards and conference and national affiliation rules and regulations. Identifies potential risk and helps in establishing criteria and plans for correction.
- Likewise, promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforces discipline, establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
- Participate actively in promotion of GCU athletics and campus events.
- Furthermore, other duties as assigned by the head coach, athletic director/athletic director designee.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of intercollegiate and/or elite level sport specific coaching and/or playing and training experience.
- Also, knowledge and understanding of Division 1 sport specific program and NCAA rules.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- CPR, First Aid and Coaches’ Safety Training certifications required.
- Moreover, must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the U.S.
- Proficiency with computers and MS suite of software applications.
- Similarly, provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience coaching in NCAA Division I.
- Also, AED certification.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.