Apply for Vacancy for Biology Instructor at Rock Valley College in the USA. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
Teach assigned classes and laboratory sections, and perform related activities to classroom instruction. This position is expected to primarily teach BIO-185, a one-semester Anatomy and Physiology course for students intending to pursue nursing/allied health careers. Also, it is expected that the instructor will also be able to teach general education biology courses such as BIO-100 (Introductory Human Biology), BIO-103 (Introductory Life Science), and BIO-104 (Introductory Life Science Laboratory).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan course content and assign appropriate course work.
- Similarly, select appropriate texts and teaching materials.
- Revise course outlines, objectives, and catalog information as needed.
- Meet classes at assigned times.
- Also, instruct students in the proper use of lab equipment where appropriate.
- See that equipment and/or labs are properly maintained where appropriate.
- Moreover, maintain supply and equipment inventory where appropriate.
- Participate in assessment of student learning.
- Additionally, maintain student records, evaluate student progress and assign grades.
- Maintain office hours convenient for students.
- Moreover, prepare course/class reports as required.
- Also, actively participate in course and program assessment in the biological sciences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Master’s Degree in Biology with significant Anatomy and Physiology coursework, or Master’s Degree in Anatomical Sciences, or Master’s Degree in a closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Anatomy and Physiology coursework or relevant experience.
- Also, education beyond the master’s level is desirable. Ph.D. preferred.
- Graduate coursework in other areas of Biology strongly preferred.
- Likewise, prior teaching experience in college-level courses.
- Commitment to the community college mission.
- Moreover, desire to be in division and college initiatives.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.