Apply for Vacancy for Campus Diversity Officer at Bemidji State University in the USA. The category for this job is Diversity and Multicultural Affairs.
Bemidji State University invite qualified applicants to join our team as the Campus Diversity Officer. BSU and NTC provide a rigorous academic environment with the opportunity to enjoy a fun, robust, outdoor culture. The proximity to the lake and the surrounding north woods allows easy access to an assortment of recreation. BSU and NTC are members of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities.
- Provides leadership for and coordinates the development of campus strategic diversity plans. Provides follow-up, accountability and best practice modeling.
- Chairs the Diversity and Inclusion Committees.
- Develops and sustains working relationships with diverse and underrepresented groups to achieve objectives of mutual interest.
- Serves on relevant campus committees to develop strategies that promote the campuses as places of multiculturalism, equity and inclusion.
- Develops and delivers training for search committees that addresses diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and compliance issues.
- Monitors and contributes to the education and training provided for faculty, staff, and students as well as for those who are a part of investigation processes.
- Ensures dissemination of multiple and visible resources to the campus community on ADA, discrimination and harassment.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution and five years of relevant experience in either designing, implementing, sustaining. Likewise, advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs or services;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution and nine years of relevant experience in either designing, implementing, sustaining. Also, advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs or services.
- Ph.D., J.D., or other terminal degree.
- Also, experience working in higher education, nonprofit or public sectors administering relevant programs.
- Also, associated with national diversity and equity organizations.
- Likewise, knowledge of and ability to apply the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE).
- Additionally, knowledge of and appreciation for American Indian culture and ways of life and a proven ability to effectively work with American Indian students, faculty and staff.
- Moreover, three or more years of demonstrated experience serving as a resource and consultant, working collaboratively with multiple constituents.
- Likewise, experience with curriculum development.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.