Apply for Vacancy for Care Technician at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Weill Cornell Medicine is among the nation’s top-ranked medical and graduate schools, striving for excellence in its education of the world’s future healthcare leaders. Also, research by faculty and graduate students at Weill Cornell Medicine is collaborative, groundbreaking and patient-focused.
Under direct supervision, provides direct care and maintenance for various species of laboratory animals, including feeding, general husbandry and cleaning of caging and related equipment.
- Dirty Side Cage Wash: Dissembles, washes and sterilizes caging and related equipment utilizing automated cage washing equipment and sterilizers.
- Also, clean Side Cage Wash: Re-assembles and prepares clean caging, equipment, animal feed and bedding.
- Responsible for general animal husbandry, including changing holding areas, feed and water utilizing specialized techniques and equipment.
- Likewise, ensures that the animal care and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Recognizes and reports conditions of animal health and welfare that are at variance from normal for the species. Escalates any issues to supervisor.
- Additionally, ensures and monitors the proper maintenance of laboratory facilities, including animal holding areas, cage wash areas and associate corridors. Assesses conditions of caging equipment and makes recommendations for equipment replacement and/or repair.
- Furthermore, responsible for documenting information related to job duties and weekly animal census.
- High school diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Additionally, participates in on-the-job training required to develop new skills, learn new techniques, and implement new policies.
- This position requires full mobility and the ability to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds;
- Additionally, this role requires standing for extended periods of time and the ability to climb and work from ladders and platforms;
- There is potential exposure to animal bites and scratches, needles and other sharp instruments, infectious agents, radioisotopes, toxic chemicals, and radiation;
- Furthermore, protective equipment including uniforms, steel-toe shoes, masks, aprons, gloves and head covers are provided and required for specific activities;
- Additionally, work assignments may include weekends and holidays
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.