Apply for Vacancy for Career Coach at University of Colorado in the USA. The category for this application is Career Development and Services.
The University of Colorado (CU) is a system of public universities in Colorado consisting of four campuses: University of Colorado Boulder, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, University of Colorado Denver in downtown Denver and at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. It is governed by the elected, nine-member Board of Regents of the University of Colorado.
This position will assist the director in the delivery of services of a comprehensive career services program for students and alumni. This position will assist students with internship and job-search related coaching and graduate school preparation to students and alumni via direct individual coaching and group programs, perform employer relations and outreach, and help coordinate employer events including several career fairs. Additional responsibilities include assistance in planning and organizing programs on varying career-related topics for specific student populations: upper level students and other targeted populations.
- Provide coaching to students and alumni in career planning skills, internship and job search strategies, and graduate school preparation
- Also, assist students with resume and cover letter preparation and with interviewing techniques
- Likewise, research career fields and industries as well as job market information and incorporate into career coaching appointments
- Moreover, work collaboratively with other campus departments to create specific career programming for targeted students
- Similarly, serve as liaison to specific population of students based off selected candidate interest and need within the department.
- Also, manage employer relations for the office through coordinating and communicating with employers that recruit UCCS students and alumni
- Likewise, develop new relationships with employers that don’t currently recruit at UCCS
- Moreover, manage the Handshake software which is a database of employers posting internships, jobs, and career events for campus
- Lead office committee.
- Understanding of career development theory required
- Moreover, must be able to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff employers, and alumni and work collaboratively with other departments
- Likewise, must be self-motivated with the ability to work without close supervision
- Furthermore, possess excellent customer service, organizational and motivational skills
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Also, ability to multi-task and consistently meet established goals and deadlines
- Maintain professional appearance and manner and uphold the highest levels of professionalism and ethical conduct
- Similarly, exhibit comfort working with technology based services and social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Also, 1 year of experience of advising, teaching, and/or coaching students.
- 1 year of experience in event and program planning.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.