Apply for Vacancy for Career Navigator at Chemeketa Community College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 3rd May 2021.
Chemeketa is a proud Hispanic-Serving Institution that aspires to be an inclusive environment where we honor and value the unique contributions of our diverse students, employees, and community. Also, the University seek to foster cultural competence and pursue equitable solutions that support all students in achieving their educational goals. Likewise, if you are interested in joining the work of the college to pursue a supportive and inclusive culture, we encourage you to apply.
The Bilingual Career Navigator, with the Job Opportunity & Basic Skills (JOBS) Program supports individuals, with an emphasis on Spanish speakers, who are eligible for the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program in Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties.
- Develops individualized Career Development plan with each student; addressing participants career goals taking into consideration their interests, academic ability, work history, educational background, career assessment, and other relevant information
- Moreover, meets with and monitors progress of students on caseload on a regular basis; Fosters and develops ongoing relationships with students to support them in setting, tracking, and modifying incremental steps towards completion of short and long term goals
- Likewise, provides career and job readiness information to students; investigates and advises students on latest labor market information
- Also, provide support and resources to participants to pursue their academic and career goals and move toward becoming self-sufficient through mentorship, academic support, job readiness, vocational training, & life skill development
- Embraces diversity and actively collaborates effectively with a variety of students, staff and the public from diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds
- Also, participates in recruitment and retention of students at an individual and institutional level in promotion of student success
- Moreover, embraces, understands and uses appropriate technology tools to accomplish job functions
- Provides high quality, effective service to internal and external customers through continuous improvement and adoption of lean office practices
Your application will be scored based on the minimum qualifications, core competencies, and preferred qualifications. Also, please address how your relevant experiences apply to these areas in your online application and supplemental attachments.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution
- 1 year of related experience in customer service, social services, career/workforce development, and/or employment and training programs
- Similarly, bilingual English/Spanish
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 years of related experience in customer service, social services, career/workforce development, and/or employment and training programs
- Also, bilingual English/Spanish
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.