Apply for Vacancy for Clinical Assistant at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
This is an internship for an advanced student enrolled in an ALA accredited library and information science graduate program, or a recent graduate, interested in pursuing a career in medical librarianship. Additionally, this role assists in the provision of biomedical research, information management and instructional services to the clinical and academic communities of Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM), New York Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH), the Myra Mahon Patient Resource Center (PRC) and affiliates. This role works closely with the Clinical Medical Librarian (CML), the Assistant Director, Clinical Services (ADCS) and the Oncology Consumer Health Librarian (OCHL) to support and enhance the clinical practices, outreach activities and training initiatives of WCM and its constituents. This role reports to the Clinical Medical Librarian.
- Attends WCM/NYPH and professional lectures, workshops and webinars to learn best practices, gain clinical knowledge and build connections with clinical colleagues.
- Provides clinical support including, clinic rounds and morning reports, journal clubs, just-in-time evidence-based medicine instruction, expert literature searching, customized consultation services and support for consumer health seminars.
- Also, works with faculty, residents, students, nurses and staff to build information literacy skills, advance evidence-based practice, answer questions and promote Library services, resources and instructional opportunities.
- Furthermore, partners with teaching faculty to develop, perform and evaluate curriculum-based instruction, evidence-based practice, information library and other specialized content.
- Likewise, develops and maintains LibGuides and other web-based content that support WCM/NYPH subject/departmental areas and the curriculum.
- Also, participates in research, grant and publication opportunities to highlight and promote the Institution among peers in the scientific community.
- Advanced student enrolled in an ALA accredited library and information science graduate program, or a recent graduate.
- Moreover, minimum commitment of 25 hours weekly. Full-time availability preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to adjust priorities, set goals, and make quick effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Also, excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational and communication skills; strong service orientation.
- Additionally, ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with faculty.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.