Apply for Vacancy for Clinical Practice Specialist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category of the position is Health and Medical Services.
Under direction, assists clinical staff with patient care and overall operations of the clinical area.
- Oversees and assists with management of patient flow. Ensures that lab work is sent out properly and physician orders are followed.
- Also, oversees and ensures that medical assistant staff are fulfilling all assigned responsibilities. Assists with training staff as needed.
- Provides in-office, patient care services. Duties may include obtaining patient histories, vital signs, venipuncture and specimen collection.
- Likewise, provides relevant health information and instructions to patients and families as directed by the physician(s).
- Records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- Additionally, assists with administrative tasks which may include prior authorizations, form completion, referrals, maintaining of logs and educational materials and sending/receiving messages, mail and faxes or records, labs, x-ray reports and hospital notes.
- Responsible for regular audit checks for each practice location as needed.
- Moreover, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Also, answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Similarly, performs other related duties as directed.
- Approximately 2 or more years of related clinical experience.
- Likewise, licensure or certification based on credentials of role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Additionally, demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Also, demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise “people skills”.
- Furthermore, patience and a high capacity for empathy and perseverance.
Licenses and Certifications
- Medical Assistant certificate and Phlebotomy certificate or LPN clinical program certification
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.