Apply for Vacancy for Communications Manager at North Carolina State University in the USA. The category for this application is Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs.
North Carolina State University is a public land-grant research university in Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1887 and part of the University of North Carolina system, it is the largest university in the Carolinas.
- Developing and executing a strategic and comprehensive communications and marketing plan for the Transportation department that includes parking, transit and transportation alternative programs.
- Also, designing, managing and updating the department’s website.
- Moreover, managing, expanding and enhancing all communications, including written, website, outreach and social media. The target market includes faculty, staff, students, and campus visitors.
- Strategically obtaining and evaluating feedback and input from the campus community to aid in the improvement of service development and delivery.
- Furthermore, fostering positive relationships with the faculty, staff, students, visitors, and the neighboring community.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of contacts within other departments for use by Transportation to communicate news, service and announcements to the campus.
- Likewise, working very closely with the department’s staff to improve internal communications.
- Proven ability to effectively speak in public.
- Also, ability to manage priorities, set and accomplish deadlines, and adapt to dynamic atmosphere.
- Independently manage project timelines, resources, staff and lead implementation efforts in all communication areas.
- Advanced skills and experience in communicating one-on-one and in large environments
- Additionally, ability to produce professional, informative print and web based marketing materials and presentations.
- Apply a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of complex and non-standard processes and design techniques.
- Similarly, sufficient decision making ability to analyze a complex problem and resolve it immediately to the benefit of all parties involved.
- Knowledge and experience with quantitative survey and analysis techniques, developing and tracking performance metrics and technical writing skills.
- Ability to present information and data in a clear and concise manner.
- Furthermore, knowledge and skills with computer and equipment used for giving presentations.
- Skills using Dream Weaver, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel (or similar software’s) to assist with website editing and communication materials.
- Also, video Design and Production – familiar with video production software and hardware to develop social media video and maintain a library of same.
- Likewise, graphic Design – Position requires graphic design skills and proficient understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photo Shop, Premier Pro, and Acrobat (or similar software’s).
- Web Design – Position uses WordPress CMS or Dream Weaver (similar software experience acceptable) at the Editor or Author level. Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization.
- Social Media – Position requires extensive experience with all the latest social media applications. Content creation and social engagement is a high priority.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in communications, marketing, business administration, public relations or an equivalent degree.
- Also, three to five years of working in communications and marketing in a higher education setting.
- Moreover, experience in developing and maintaining web pages, communication using various social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, YikYak, Secret, etc in a work environment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.