Apply for Vacancy for Computer Science Instructor at San Mateo County Community College in the USA. The category for this job is Science – Computer Science.
The San Mateo County Community College District is committed to achieving educational equity for all students. As outlined in the Districts Strategic Plan, success, equity, and social justice for our students are longstanding goals. The Districts Students First Strategic Plan is focused on Student Success, Equity and Social Justice. Also, the college provide students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders.
- Support the Engineering/Computer Science Department, including overseeing the development and management of the following in Computer Science: certificates and degrees, curriculum, sequence of course offerings, and collaborations with other departments and local industry
- Also, teach all levels of courses in Computer Science from introductory to advanced, including a combination of lecture and laboratory sections
- Participate, on an ongoing basis, in the development, assessment, and analysis of student learning outcomes in Computer Science
- Additionally, actively participate in curriculum revisions and new course development for Computer Science, guided by student learning outcomes and curriculum assessment processes
- Collaborate with other instructors within and outside the department to enhance instruction, curriculum, and student success
- Similarly, support programs connected to the STEM Center and Fabrication Lab, including the Engineering and Technology Scholars (ETS) and STEM student clubs
- Support and facilitate Code Jam, a one- to two-week intensive program designed to prepare students for their upcoming programming courses, support study skill development, and help build community
- Participate in the development and/or selection of course materials, equipment, and technology that will enhance offerings of the departments
- Moreover, manage a department budget, including long-range planning for classroom and lab equipment upgrades
- Manage and update laboratory manuals and instructional resources
- Masters or above in computer science or computer engineering OR Bachelors in either of the above AND Masters or above in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, accounting or engineering OR Bachelors in engineering
- Also, Masters or above in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration OR Bachelors in mathematics
- Masters or above in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration OR Bachelors degree in any of the above
- Likewise, a Masters degree or above in information science, computer information systems
- Front-end web development, back-end web development, and mobile development for iOS, Android and hybrid apps
- Knowledge of security, embedded systems, or data science applications a plus
- Also, have demonstrated ability to teach Engineering courses a plus
- Have recent successful experience in teaching or preparation to teach in a community college.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.