Apply for Vacancy for CT Technologist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Under general guidance, operates computed tomography to assist in the safe and efficient diagnosis and assessment of patient conditions, in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Also, assists current and new employees in the use of systems/equipment and departmental policies and procedures.
- Additionally, recognizes problems/malfunctions of equipment and may assist in making minor adjustments. Monitors appropriate service action by outside contractors. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Likewise, greets registered patients at time of visit and triages patients through the patient flow process. Checks schedules and accompanies patients to exam/procedure room. Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing and preparing for exam.
- Furthermore, reviews and verifies patient identity, history and requisition for exam to be performed.
- Similarly, takes appropriate scans to determine areas of possible pathology. Modifies testing parameters, under direction, to ensure accurate imaging.
- Furthermore, processes and archives images in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures patient safety is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a sterile environment.
- Additionally, performs computed tomography scan of patient as requested by clinical requisition. Explains procedure to be performed to patient prior to scan and answers any questions throughout scan.
- Approximately 2 years of experience working as a CT technologist.
- Also, NYS Intravenous Contrast Administration certification; you can obtain within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of approved school of radiography.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current, active and unrestricted New York State License in Radiographic Technology (RT)
- Also, ARRT Certification
- Likewise, NYS Intravenous Contrast Administration Certification
- Moreover, BLS Certification
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.