Apply for Vacancy for Data Engineer at Indiana University Bloomington in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
The IU Office of the Vice President for Communications and Marketing seeks a Marketing Data Engineer. Also, reports directly to the CRM Marketing Architect and tasked with helping evolve our usage of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) by managing marketing data and campaigns, as well as support advanced data needs broadly across IU Studios.
- Performs data management tasks, including experienced data modeling, conversion, de-duplication, migration, and identification and repair of data quality issues.
- Likewise, designs, develops, and implements custom data systems and reconciliation tools, processes, rules, solutions etc. to validate data, match/merge, and upload batch lists.
- Creates and tunes complex stored procedures and queries for data management and extraction.
- Additionally, designs and builds out technical software mechanisms to accommodate multiple integration´s accurately based on complex rules and custom solutions.
- Ensures documentation and security standards/protocols are recognized and followed.
- Furthermore, provides experienced troubleshooting and problem analysis/resolution for data related issues; performs experienced scripting and modifications of application and products for corrective action.
- Also, researches and stays up-to-date with data engineering best practices and approaches; stays abreast of latest security threats and risks to proactively address potential exposures.
Specific department responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains a complex data model in Marketing Cloud for use in marketing across Indiana University.
- Furthermore, fulfills data segmentation requests for partners to use in their email campaigns.
- Translates plain-language requests into complex SQL queries and supports on-time delivery of requests.
- Uses APIs to connect to Salesforce.
- Additionally, performs ETL (extract, transform, load) from multiple systems and analytics tools for use in marketing campaigns.
- Provides business and technical requirements to database owners and other marketing technology platform owners.
- Moreover, provides data requirements for use in SFMC and guides how data is ingested into Marketing Cloud.
- Establishes relationships with data stewards, data managers, development teams, and departmental and school stakeholders to understand and establish technical and operational business requirements that guide usage of data within and around SFMC.
- Likewise, develops processes for ensuring data security adheres to university policies and all governmental legal requirements (HIPPA, FERPA, GDPR, CASL).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science, information science, or a related field.)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, MIS, Informatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2 years of data management, engineering, or related experience.
- 2 years of experience in database querying with SQL, frameworks, RESTful APIs, CRM, Python, and marketing automation or building data pipelines.
- Also, experience working with semi-structured/unstructured data and Datorama.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Data Engineer in the USA:
- Proficient communication skills.
- Moreover, maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Also, demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Similarly, seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Likewise, demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Possess strong technical aptitude.
- Additionally, ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems and find creative, scalable technical solutions.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and exchange information.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.