Apply for Vacancy for Data Engineer at University of South Florida in the USA. The category for this job is Information Technology.
USF Information Technology (USF IT) provides technology services and support for the University of South Florida. Also, the IT team, led by the Vice President and CIO, provides the following services: Administrative Services, Client Support, Communication Services, Teaching and Learning, Analytics and Reporting, Mobile and Web Services, Consulting Services, Cybersecurity Service and Research Technologies.
The Data Engineer works with the Analytics and Data Management Solutions group to design, implement and support analytics solutions. Likewise, this position uses advanced knowledge to provide analytics that improve decision making and answer business questions throughout the university. Responsible for performing requirements analysis, collection, cleaning, evaluation, statistical modeling, visualization, pattern, and trend analysis of data. Additionally, this position supports complex data science and data mining efforts, identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and automation, ensures data integrity, security, governance, and adherence to standards and best practices.
- Implementation and integration of data orchestration processes. Provides support and technical guidance to ensure data structures and flows are aligned with enterprise information needs and follow the organization’s standards and best practices
- Also, ensures datasets meet organizational timeliness, quality and integrity standards through both design and support efforts. Assess data flows and make recommendations and improvements. Enforces process and technical standards, including appropriate governance. Promotes data literacy.
- Similarly, source system analysis and data/requirements mapping, typically producing client reviewable results.
- Also, designs, develops, tests, documents, cross-trains, and supports flows that organize and deliver data. Provides data reporting as needed.
- Additionally, works with IT and business customers to understand information requirements and information needs / data stores.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends in analytics and data management, and make recommendations to improve efficiency, automation, and facilitate the team’s strategic goals. Makes recommendations for data analytics growth and integration across the enterprise. Other duties as assigned.
- Furthermore, facilitates design reviews and code walkthroughs. Mentors junior team members, sometimes in other groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or other field involving software and analytical training, and four years of IT related work experience,
- Also, a Bachelor’s degree with no specific required field and five years of IT related work experience, OR a Master’s degree and three years of IT related work experience,
- Likewise, a combination of eight years of IT related work experience and validated training. Preparation for a relevant IT certification is considered to be related training.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.