Apply for Vacancy for Database Engineer at Southern New Hampshire University in the USA. The category for this job is Database Administrator.
The Data Engineer builds, manages and optimizes data pipelines to support the business and analytics requirements of the university. Also, as a member of the Information Technology Solutions Enterprise Management team, the Data Engineer collaborates with others to acquire raw data from a variety of sources and constructs datasets for quick, efficient and easy access by various data consumers across the organization.
- Synapse and SQL PolyBase.
- Moreover, manage ingress and egress of data for ITS solutions across the enterprise.
- Stay informed of and contribute to both managed and independent research (e.g. POCs, whitepapers, studies) to stay current on the latest data tier capabilities and to determine business and technical value for potential injection into roadmap.
- Also, work in a team using innovative technologies to solve challenging business problems and build solutions.
- Establish, evangelize and enforce best practices for design and coding standards. Provide technical mentoring and assistance to team members.
- Work closely with peers in operations, product definition architecture and engineering to make recommendations and designs based upon current operational and development technical abilities as well as corporate constraints.
- Likewise, provide technology operation support as new systems/platforms are implemented.
- Build documentation and provide escalation support for the operational teams.
- Also, design, implement and test Data Platform Services.
- Design, implement and test data transformation and loading services.
- Perform all aspects of data modeling including conceptual, logical, and physical data models using entity-relationship diagrams, supporting metadata, etc.
- Moreover, contribute to management of central data stores and metadata.
- Learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices and trends.
- 4+ years working with SQL Server.
- 2+ years working with Azure Services.
- 3+ years creating data pipelines.
- 3+ years PowerShell or CLI scripting.
- Similarly, strong familiarity with Data Warehouse and Data Modeling including star schema.
- Good understanding of database principles.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
- Also, well versed on general infrastructure technology including public and private cloud concepts.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Azure security and data encryption best practices.
- Solid understanding of Software/System Development Lifecycle and Integration.
- Furthermore, familiar with project management methodologies (predictive, agile.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills enabling clear communication of complex concepts to target audience.
- Also, solid teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective analytical and complex problem-solving skills including root-cause analysis for troubleshooting problems.
- Likewise, proficient with relevant technologies that may include SQL and NoSQL design and implementation.
- Proficient in entity relationship diagramming and data flow diagrams.
- Strong proficiency programming in SQL.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.