Apply for Vacancy for Dean at University of Sharjah in the UAE. The category for this job is Deans – Communications.
The University of Sharjah is considered a leading institution of higher education in the Arab Gulf region and Middle East. Also, it offers a number of academic programs in a vast array of specializations, including the arts, humanities and social sciences, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, health sciences, engineering, applied sciences, business management, communication, law, Sharia and Islamic studies, and fine arts and design. Likewise, endowed with a beautiful campus and world-class facilities, it attaches the highest importance to providing top education and a distinct university experience to its students.
Scope of Work
The Dean of College of Communication is the first person in charge of all academic aspects related to the College and reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. Also, the Dean assumes a leadership role in the College and administers, directs, and coordinates all training, teaching, and research activities engaged in by the College. Likewise, the Dean also provides guidance for implementing the College Strategic Plan and ensures that the College activities coincide with the mission and objectives of the University within the socio-cultural framework of the United Arab Emirates and the Arab Gulf region.
- Create and sustain a strong network outside the College with the aim of facilitating the process of education and training and research activities.
- Establish strategic directives, aims and policies related to the educational process and research activities within the College, and all its departments and oversee the implementation of such.
- Represent the University in all matters related to the College at various conferences and symposia outside the University.
- Likewise, propose recommendations related to developing the annual budget for the College and implement and oversee these as well as conduct analysis of productivity and effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Create a network of experts and visiting professors to support the educational and research activities of the College and its sustainability.
- Also, propose recommendations related to developing University policies and procedures and participate in this process.
- Coordinate agreements with ministries and relevant bodies within the UAE and abroad.
- Possess knowledge of human resources and management concepts as well as higher education practices, policies, and procedures.
- Additionally, propose research projects relevant to the region and its development.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and diverse community.
- Moreover, possess experience in communicating and networking with relevant institutions with the aim of promoting education and research.
- Furthermore, an expert in matters dealing with external institutions and organizations as well as international accreditation bodies.
- A PhD from a recognized university.
- The rank of professor in one of the College’s specializations.
- Also, a record of excellence in teaching and research, appropriate to the rank of professor in one of the College’s specializations.
- Bi-lingual proficiency in English and Arabic conversation and writing.
- Likewise, leadership qualities and proven research background in one of the College’s specializations.
- A clear vision for developing higher education, in general, and for the College in particular.
- Furthermore full familiarity with the credit hour and academic year (semester) system.
- Distinguished managerial experience in the affairs of higher education, preferably at the level of a college dean in a reputable university.
- Experience with the standards of program accreditation by specialized commissions at national education institutions.
- Additionally, acumen in the area of human resources and administrative and financial concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with large sectors of a diverse community.
- Managerial experience and the skills necessary to launch pioneering projects.
- Multi-cultural skills.
- Also, active participation in reputable organizations.
- Knowledge of the methods of evaluation and related matters.
- Proven documentation of offering support for the achievements of teachers and students.
- Likewise, understanding of the latest teaching methods, including the use of technology in the teaching process.
- Moreover, demonstration of an interest in the humanities and a commitment to enriching the educational experience of students.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.