Apply for Vacancy for Dean of College at Portland State University in USA. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
Established in 1959, PSU’s College of Urban & Public Affairs (CUPA) is a powerhouse partner for the region. CUPA’s renowned programs, centers and institutes prepare students to be effective collaborators and problem solvers while fostering equity in urban life. Its faculty and graduates are invaluable contributors to the public policy innovation and smart development for which Portland is well known. Similarly, students and faculty engage directly with area non-profits, governmental agencies and private sector firms, gaining real-world understanding of the complexity and challenges of creating socially just and sustainable metropolitan regions. Likewise, because of this deep engagement, CUPA stands as PSU’s flagship college, the epitome of its identity as an urban serving university where knowledge serves the city.
The successful candidate will be a nationally recognized, inclusive, and entrepreneurial leader able to infuse the Portland State University College of Urban and Public Affairs with a sense of common purpose and to create a record of accomplishment that advances the mission of the University.
- Set the standard for intellectual engagement and accomplishment by providing strategic vision for, and operational leadership of, the College as a whole.
- Similarly, serve as a catalyst to link the work of CUPA faculty, centers/institutes, and students to other disciplines, and to external public and private communities.
- Evaluate and help shape departmental/school productivity in instruction, research, and service responsibilities.
- Also, review departmental/school policies, procedures, and recommendations for appointment, salary, retention, tenure, promotion of faculty, and post-tenure review to ensure that appropriate policies are followed.
- Likewise, provide recommendations to the provost regarding tenure and promotion reviews, hiring, appointments, and sabbaticals.
- Assess, monitor, and guide overall CUPA priorities and productivity in instruction, research, and service.
- Moreover, lead CUPA strategic planning and oversee curriculum development.
- Additionally, ensure completion of assessment for all majors and oversee program-level and institution-level accreditation processes.
The incumbent must meet the following qualification:
- Track record of providing civic leadership and successfully working with professionals in academic, community, and governmental organizations.
- Also, demonstrated experience of effectively engaging in and partnering with diverse communities and constituents.
- Experience in working to enhance diversity in academic, workplace, or community settings.
- Likewise, demonstrated success in securing external support and/or fund-raising with a commitment to broadening financial support.
- Demonstrated ability to grow research programs that address important societal issues.
- Moreover, the ability to represent CUPA effectively to audiences within Portland State University. In the city and region, nationally, and internationally.
- Experience in managing complex budgets in environments with limited resources, allocating resources. Also, empowering entrepreneurialism with a high level of transparency and fairness.
- Also, a record as an innovative and creative thinker with the ability to make clear and informed decisions.
- Experience in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization.
- Additionally, an understanding of leading-edge methods and technologies to support a large public college.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.