Apply for Vacancy for Dental Assistant at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Staff & Executive – Allied Health – Dental Assisting
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health.
- Assists orthodontic faculty and students (postgraduate and predoctoral) as needed by seating patients, adjusting chairs, draping patients with protective covers and other related functions.
- Sets up and stocks units daily and as needed throughout the day.
- Also, assists the department with the delivery of information to the patient, including but not limited to, patient treatment contracts.
- Likewise, provides instrumentation by preparing instruments for sterilization, delivering instruments to be sterilized, retrieving sterilized instruments, stocking sterilized instruments and preparing/positioning instruments in treatment area for provider’s access (suctioning, passing instruments, etc.).
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing and placing materials on instruments as requested by providers.
- Moreover, exposes and develops radiographs.
- Similarly, performs intraoral scanning on patients for the collection of records.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Successful completion of an accredtied dental assisting program.
- Additionally, previous experience in a dental office.
- Certification as a Dental Assistant in the State of New Jersey (CDA).
- Likewise, valid Radiological Technology License issued by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Must be certified in CPR.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Four-Handed Dentistry.
- Moreover, knowledge of dental terminology.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Also, ability to multi-task and prioritize work/functions.
- At least two (2) years of previous experience in dental office environment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.