Apply for Vacancy for Desk Monitor at Muhlenberg College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
This position is to assist the Office of Student Union and Campus Events as a desk monitor/security presence for late night operation of the Seegers Union building. Also, the hours and use of this position may vary at times throughout the year based on the schedule of the academic sessions. Typical schedule is 11:00 PM – 3:00 AM up to four nights per week. The coverage schedule is subject to the academic schedule when students are on campus.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide various services as required by department policy or as required by the Program Manager, Student Events.
- Additionally, assist with the smooth operation of shift duties and responsibilities.
- Assist the public and campus community in public relations service (i.e., directions, information).
- Likewise, greet campus visitors; interact with and assist faculty, staff, and students as required.
- Work with computer operating systems, including but not limited to systems operating the card access, fire alarms, CCTV, and ID computer.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, Student Events.
- Moreover, monitor Seegers Union building from the Information desk – offer assistance to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Answer and direct phone calls and provide public information as requested.
- Also, assist with other duties as needed.
- Patrol interior of building periodically and provide initial response to incidents within the building and report the matter to Campus Safety dispatch for patrol response.
- Similarly, prepares nightly operations report to supervisor.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Additionally, ability to lift 50 pounds of weight, climb steps and walk uneven terrain.
- Must be computer literate, willing and able to learn new systems and functions.
- Similarly, strong written and oral communication skills, bilingual a plus but not required.
- Must maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a personable manner.
- Moreover, must be reliable, timely and possess good people skills.
- Similarly, successful completion of background checks, including but not limited to education and national criminal background.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.