Apply for Vacancy for Director at Concordia University in the USA. The category for this job is Counseling and Psychological Services.
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Director of the CUC Wellness Center. This position reports to the Assistant Vice-President for Student Success/Dean of Students and is located in River Forest, IL.
The Director of the CUC Wellness Center is a licensed counselor, social worker, or psychologist with current registration in the state of Illinois who provides leadership, coordination, strategic planning and day-to-day administration of a student-centered wellness department. Also, the Director serves as a champion for the student experience working to advance mental health services and medical resources to support student success.
- Consistently ensure that the Concordia University Chicago mission, vision, and core values are integrated into the daily functions of the Wellness Center.
- Also, provide leadership, coordination, strategic planning and day-to-day administration of a student-centered wellness department.
- Develop policies and procedures as needed, to reflect the changing needs of students, legal guidelines and best practices.
- Likewise, collaborate with staff to establish annual goals and priorities to ensure appropriate alignment with student success and campus strategic planning and initiatives.
- Ensure execution of ethical/legal record-keeping as well as general policies and procedures.
- Additionally, advise university administration, staff, and faculty on student wellness needs; be able to work collaboratively with students, administrators and off-campus stakeholders.
- Provide mental health assessment, crisis intervention, short-term therapy, periodic support groups, case management, and referral services for students.
- Similarly, develop and maintain systems for comprehensive mental health crisis intervention services.
- Implement case management responsibilities: development and maintenance of student records and files.
- Prepare, manage, and monitor the Wellness Center budget.
- Experience in college counseling setting and/or work with young adult population preferred.
- Also, experience in suicide assessment and intervention.
- Possess knowledge and experience in providing services to those affected by relationship violence, sexual assault/abuse, eating disorder behavior, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, and depression.
- Likewise, knowledge of current campus mental health issues, protocols and best practices.
- Demonstrated record of ethical practice.
- Must have a proven consistent track record showing the ability to work independently or in a team environment with all levels within an organization.
- Moreover, must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Also, effective communication skills, including: written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must have demonstrated ability in organizational, time management problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Similarly, strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with voicemail, Zoom, psychology-based apps, and MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Furthermore, experience with Titanium software preferred
- Possess certifications in CPR and First Aid.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 years of post-graduate clinical work experience in mental health; preferably 2+ years of clinical experience in higher education.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, clinical social work or related field.
- Also, independently licensed to practice in the state of Illinois.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.