Apply for Vacancy for Director at Skidmore College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
As an IT senior management team member, the Director of Enterprise Systems participates in strategic planning for the IT department, and plans, budgets, and manages development and maintenance of Skidmore’s technical enterprise environment. Additionally, this position provides leadership, direction, and vision to ensure the information systems environment is designed, installed, maintained, monitored and enhanced as needed to support the College’s ongoing and efficient operation.
1. Operations Management
a. Negotiates, secures, and manages contracts with vendors/contractors providing IT products and/or services
b. Moreover, measures, tracks, and reports on Systems and Enterprise Systems performance and results driving efficiency and continual process improvement
c. Identifies, trouble-shoots and eliminates operational roadblocks hindering the team’s workflow and performance.
d. Also, implements process changes and improvements to maintain and/or enhance the quality of results.
e. Additionally, improves/streamlines procedures to maximize the use of available resources.
- Communicates strategic direction, objectives, goals, and performance expectations to team members. Likewise, provides team members regular updates on the IT department’s progress with respect to plan (eg., via daily interaction and regular one-on-one and departmental meetings with team members). Sets “stretch” goals and performance standards. Determines and communicates/clarifies Infrastructure team workload priorities.
- Also, ensure staff coverage in areas of support during the hours of service
Establishes a supportive work environment that meets the reasonable needs of the Enterprise Systems team members.
- Ensures department is adequately staffed to achieve its goals. Recruits and hires Infrastructure staff members. Also, participates on IT selection committees to select and hire staff in other IT functional units.
- Similarly, sets/approves team members’ work schedules and assigns/delegates work to team members.
- Additionally, monitors Enterprise Systems team members’ performance and tracks results. Moreover, manages team member performance issues; determines and takes corrective action to address staff performance issues. Ensures Infrastructure staff compliance with policies and procedures.
Recommends and implements changes to the team structure and/or team members’ roles.
3. Strategic Planning
- Continuously identifies and remains aware of the systems needs by trouble shooting and addressing issues as they arise; attending and participating in meetings; managing IT projects; serving on committees, surveying, etc.
- Also, continuously researches and explores new technologies and their application.
- Furthermore, advocates for upgrades/changes when needed, to build, maintain and improve operations and meet constituents’ needs.
- Likewise, understands Skidmore’s strategic goals and how the IT department supports and promotes them.
Works with the IT senior management team to develop IT strategic plans, policies and procedures.
- Additionally, develops strategic plans, policies, and procedures for Infrastructure. Where applicable, ensures that constituents’ views/needs are considered and addressed in setting policies and procedures.
4. Budget Development and Management
a. Analyzes budgetary historical data, researches and analyzes resource costs, and develops budgetary projections.
b. Also, develops, implements and manages the Enterprise Systems operating and capital budgets.
c. Additionally, has a significant hand in managing the renewals of software for the College
d. Similarly, develops and maintains effective relationships with vendors. Works with vendor representatives to develop cost estimates and pricing models.
e. Likewise, operates within the College’s guidelines to develop, enhance, and manage budget issues including operating budgets, capital projects, and grants.
f. Furthermore, works with the other IT senior management team members to develop, implement, and manage the IT department operating and capital budgets.
5. IT Department and Skidmore Liaison
a. Serves as a liaison of the IT department and/or College to various appropriate internal and external constituencies (e.g., IT systems development and implementation project teams; policy committees; Academic Staff Committee; EDUCAUSE; NERCOMP; SIGUCCS, UCTG, NY6, etc.).
b. Also, communicates and collaborates with various College constituents to identify and meet their academic, pedagogical, and other IT user needs, and to explore ways to enhance services.
c. Similarly, provides constituents instruction and consultation in the effective use of IT technology (e.g., by conducting one-on-one training or IT-sponsored workshops; orienting new faculty to the use of IT; developing and delivering customized training to meet specific IT user needs).
d. Additionally, assesses constituents’ needs and investigates technologies that will help them achieve their goals.
- Knowledge of SaaS required
- Also, knowledge of Interfaces
- Ability to design information systems environments highly desired
- Furthermore, five (5) years of experience in IT required
- Also, two (2) years of formal management/leadership experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Likewise, experience in providing excellent customer service
- Experience providing data reporting and KPI’s measuring performance
- Knowledge of incident response desired
- Moreover, knowledge of IT Security best practices and protocols desired
- Furthermore, experience managing service level agreements as a vendor or client
- Similarly, demonstrated initiative, and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Also, Ability to manage a department with expectations of 24/7 uptimes
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities