Apply for Vacancy for Director of Academic Resource Center at Wesleyan College in the USA. The category for this job is Academic Advising and Tutors and Learning Resources.
Wesleyan College is committed to women’s education and helping every student find a unique voice and purpose. As the first college in the world chartered to grant degrees to women and shaped by Methodist values, Wesleyan provides students an academically challenging and relevant liberal arts education.
Wesleyan College is currently seeking a dynamic learning specialist to oversee our Academic Resource Center. The Director will work directly with students, supervise Academic Resource Center staff, and oversee a holistic academic support system that provides tutoring services, guidance for at-risk students, and learning support opportunities for our diverse population of students.
- Monitor, advise, and provide learning support for at-risk students including those on academic probation and those identified as academically in need through the early alert program.
- Also, design strategies to support at-risk students and coordinate with academic advisors to facilitate improvements in student success.
- Similarly, supervise tutoring services and the Math and Writing Centers.
- Moreover, manage the Academic Resource Center budget.
- Likewise, read the cross-department student support team to ensure follow-through and support for struggling students.
- Moreover, resign and lead student success workshops on various topics throughout the year.
- Also, coordinate the PATH program.
- Moreover, oversee the development and teaching of a one-credit First Year Experience course.
- Likewise, provide strong student advocacy through a commitment to the College’s mission and through promotion of interdepartmental teamwork.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution, with experience in learning support administration, budget management, retention, and student success.
- Also, three years of job-related experience in a college/university setting.
- Likewise, demonstrated ability to work productively with faculty, students, staff, and external agencies.
- Moreover, demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, and make decisions.
- Additionally, excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle major projects simultaneously.
- Higher education teaching and tutoring experience.
- Experience in innovating and leading student success “best practices” programs.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.