Apply for Vacancy for Director of Campus Ministry at Saint Xavier University in the USA. The category for this job is Religious and Spiritual Life.
The director provides pastoral leadership within the university community to foster the spiritual growth of the students through faith formation, service outreach, and developing student leaders.
Also, the director must be a practicing Catholic and competent in working with persons of many cultures, ethnicities, religious traditions, and many other diverse groups. The director must possess an understanding of Catholic tradition and the ability to create and execute programs and serve as a strong ministerial leader.
- Reports to the Executive Director of Mission and Heritage
- Also, participate in meetings, supporting the vision and contributing to the achievement of strategic plans
- Direct all activities of the Office for Campus Ministry
- Likewise, work collaboratively with and supervise Two Graduate Assistants to ensure and develop student retreat opportunities, faith sharing groups, and service experiences.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Two Graduate Assistant Ministers
- Moreover, recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Peer ministers
- Provide direction for the department’s strategic planning
- Also, campus Ministry budget management
- Similarly, supervise the Sunday night student liturgy, weekday liturgies, and coordinate with the Liturgical Peer Minister.
- Provide weekly service reflections
- Coordinate with designated service sites
- Moreover, monitor service hours and reflection journals
- Practicing Catholic
- Moreover, master’s degree in ministry, theology, or equivalent field (M.Div. preferred)
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Saint Xavier University
- Also, knowledge of the Sisters of Mercy charism and tradition
- Experience in working with students of diverse cultural, ethnic, religious, socio-economic, and other backgrounds
- However, highly collaborative and empowering work style
- Understand Church teachings related to Campus Ministry
- Experience in budget management
- Also, experience of working in young adult or college campus ministry preferred
- Competency in Microsoft Office software.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.