Apply for Vacancy for Employment Coach at Chemeketa Community College in the USA. The category for this job is Career Development and Services.
Chemeketa is a proud Hispanic-Serving Institution that aspires to be an inclusive environment where we honor and value the unique contributions of our diverse students, employees, and community. Also, the University seek to foster cultural competence and pursue equitable solutions that support all students in achieving their educational goals.
Chemeketa is a beautiful and vibrant campus with a commitment to student success. At Chemeketa, we strive to create a diverse work culture that supports employee success and promotes growth within the college. Likewise, the Employment Coach provides support and information for Job Corps Scholars students seeking employment, including developing resumes, cover letters and interviewing skills.
- Collaborates effectively with Career Center staff, Chemeketa departments, employers, and other partners such as Worksource and local Workforce Investment Board; provides information about the college and Career Center to interested parties
- Also, represents Job Corps Scholars in activities to the College and external stakeholders (e.g. career fairs, chamber activities, advisory boards)
- Additionally, attends meetings, advisory boards, conferences and seminars regarding career trends, job readiness, business partnerships, and employer needs
- Embraces diversity and actively collaborates effectively with a variety of students, staff and the public from diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds
- Likewise, participates in recruitment and retention of students at an individual and institutional level in promotion of student success
- Embraces, understands and uses appropriate technology tools to accomplish job functions
- Furthermore, provides high quality, effective service to internal and external customers through continuous improvement and adoption of lean office practices
Your application will be scored based on the minimum qualifications, core competencies, and preferred qualifications. Please address how your relevant experiences apply to these areas in your online application and supplemental attachments.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Also, two years of related experience
- Computer skills to perform data tracking functions.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering curriculum 1-on-1 and in large group settings to participants high school aged and above.
- Also, ability to organize work and work independently.
- Furthermore, bicultural/multicultural skills sufficient to select appropriate behaviors, values and attitudes within different cultures during interactions with others
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in College Student Services, Education, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or any related discipline
- Additionally, knowledge of the community college system and philosophy
- Experience providing career coaching and job readiness resources to diverse populations (Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities; English Language Learners, etc.)
- Likewise, experience with event planning and promotion
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.