Apply for Vacancy for Engineer at Austin Community College District in the USA. The category for this job is Network/System Administrator.
Austin Community College (ACC) is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each fall and spring semester. Also, the University, embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the administrative college wide server operating systems.
- Ensures operating systems and applications throughout the college are up-to-date by evaluating and pushing patches onto systems as needed.
- Also, analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves problems associated with server hardware, storage systems, backup systems, operating systems and applications software; coordinates with vendor software or hardware support to resolve system problems.
- Designs, implements, and maintains security levels to restrict and block unauthorized access to servers and services.
- Likewise, provides input with developing policies and standards for the connectivity, accessibility, and security of the administrative computer system.
- Collaborates with developing policies and standards for the connectivity, accessibility, and security of the administrative computer systems.
- Moreover, maintains and upgrades servers, hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Keeps current with the latest technology; regularly attends technical training in order to maintain technical expertise.
- Additionally, designs and develops integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and staff within the college.
- Similarly, performs repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Furthermore, helps to train and oversee the work of other systems engineering staff.
- WAN and LAN technologies and protocols.
- Also, networked systems access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Server performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques.
- Current trends and information sources for managing networked server systems.
- Likewise, project planning and management principles.
- System and disaster backup and recovery procedures and techniques.
- IT Service Management principles such as ITIL.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Moreover, maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule and providing on-call assistance including some nights and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.