Apply for Vacancy for Equipment Operator at Colorado State University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DOD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. Also, the University collaborates with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
Operate heavy equipment such as: 10 to 25 ton dump trucks, dozers, motor graders, front-in loaders, vibratory compactors, scrapers, forestry mowers (FECON), track hoes, agricultural tractors, and back hoes for the purpose of completing LRAM projects. Primary functions are soil stabilization and vegetation management on Army lands. Also, this position will also require tracking and preparing monthly and quarterly reports.
Required Job Qualifications
- 2 years of professional experience.
- Additionally, a High school Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- Experience with running and maintaining heavy equipment
- Likewise, Physically able to work outdoors and perform strenuous labor under all weather conditions (e.g., heat and humidity). Able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly
- Furthermore, Be able to follow directions, work collectively with others as a team, and maintain safe working standards
- Moreover, must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience necessary to facilitate:
- Soil Stabilization
- Likewise, Land clearing
- Site Preparation
- Also, work Site Revegetation
- Experience with land rehabilitation, horizontal construction techniques, and erosion control practices specific to State and/or EPA approved Best Management Practices (BMPs) required to achieve compliance with the Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Furthermore, Experience running and maintaining heavy equipment such as:
- 10 to 25-ton dump trucks
- Moreover, motor graders
- Front-in loaders
- Furthermore, Forestry mowers (FECON)
- Also, agricultural tractors
- Back hoes
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.