Apply for Vacancy for Executive Director at Shoreline Community College in the USA. The category for this job is Diversity and Multicultural Affairs and Other Administrative Positions.
Shoreline Community College is a beautiful, tree-lined traditional campus that is located in the northern part of Seattle. The campus has 26 building and is 24 hectares. Shoreline Community College is located in a suburb/city called Shoreline and is a 10 minute walk from the city border and a 20 minute express bus to downtown Seattle.
- Provide administrative direction and lead campus DEI employee professional learning and associated activities in support of inclusive excellence
- Also, create a structure for ongoing improvement/accountability that reviews systems and processes for diversity barriers.
- Likewise, develop and implement employee professional learning which promote cultural understanding and responsiveness
- Furthermore, provide a DEI and intersectional lens to the review and establishment of College policies and procedures
- Moreover, build the capacity of college groups to use an equity and intersectional lens when reviewing their practices
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in related field of study with three (3) years of progressively responsible, direct work experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative, OR a Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of progressively responsible, direct work experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Administrative or leadership experience in a higher education OR in union environment
- Experience leading/directing DEI employee professional learning and development activities
- Experience translating diversity theories into practice
- Equal Employment Opportunity law, including the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Moreover, Microsoft Office 365 Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as electronic record/data systems
- Also, best practices in professional learning for diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in higher education
- Likewise, race and equity issues, critical race theory, multicultural and global responsiveness, organizational change management, and adult learning principles
- Moreover, current and emerging issues and trends related to DEI and inclusive excellence
- Fostering a climate of equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and responsiveness.
- Also, developing, implementing and evaluating processes which support the inclusive excellence model and framework.
- Furthermore, providing leadership, motivating, training, and evaluating the success of staff in DEI activities.
- Additionally, developing systems that support inclusive excellence, diversity, multicultural responsiveness, and equity.
- Likewise, leading change management efforts to boost employee communications and inclusive excellence abilities/behaviors.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.